This time last year I was bundled in sweaters and picking apples off Indiana trees. Now I’m trying to figure out how to not sweat through my Halloween costume…
Autumn in Florida is a tricky business and Tampa is even worse than my time in Jacksonville. It’s still a balmy 85 degrees here in central Florida so it’s hard to follow the fashion trends of layered sweaters, cute trenches, and riding boots. But I refuse to be defeated by this lack of cold weather.
I rounded up a few of my favorite picks for fall trends that can work in this everlasting Florida heat. It’s just a matter of finding the thinnest sweaters and mixing fall tops with spring bottoms – like this cotton sweater from J. Crew Factory that would work with a pencil skirt or even chino shorts. And I couldn’t help but include one of my favorite pieces from the October Gal Meets Glam Collection. Her fall dresses are beyond beautiful!
- LC Lauren Conrad Mockneck Flounce-Hem Sweater Dress
- J. Crew Factory Flannel Bell Sleeve Top
- Gal Meets Glam Collection Georgia Chiffon Maxi Dress
- Old Navy High-Rise Stevie Faux-Suede Ponte-Knit Pants
- Old Navy Faux-Suede Mule Booties
- J. Crew Factory Cotton-wool Teddie Sweater
- Old Navy Relaxed Velvet Tee
- LOFT Tweed Pocket Shift Skirt